Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Weight loss update and a thank you

I discovered recently that I lost 30 pounds. This was accomplished by lots of hard work and tears. It is not an easy journey but it is worthwhile. There are times I would get frustrated because I am not a patient person and the scale wasn't moving fast enough for my liking.  I like to think that not only my accomplishment was a result of my hard work, it was thanks to some of you. Many readers like yourselves (as well as people I know in real life) have offered me kind words and commented on how great I look. As a result, so many people were encouraged to start their own lifestyle change and are taking better care of themselves. This motivates me to keep exercising and eating healthier because I don't want to let anyone down!

 Once I reach my ideal weight (remember, I am being followed by a doctor, I still have some more pounds to lose) I don't think I will ever go back to my bad habits. My father passed away when I was still quite young due to some poor lifestyle decisions he made. By the way I was going, I could have ended up the same way and I want to live a long time for my son. I experienced such loss and tragedy at a young age, I should know better!

As much as I tried to embrace my body and be positive about it, I didn't find myself to be attractive. I really wish I could see through the eyes of those who tell me that I am beautiful because for a long time, I was never able to see myself that way. By working out and eating healthy, I am learning to love and appreciate my body more. In fact, this motivated me to get help with my chronic migraines. I am on a preventive and they are much less frequent than they used to be. I have gotten my life back in so many ways. I never expected such positive results!

Photo on the left taken July 2016 (168 pounds), photo on the right taken April 2017(138 pounds) - I am almost at my BMI!


8 comments:

  1. Can I get some fries with that shake. XD

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! You look so good, I am so happy for you for being able to dedicate yourself to something so challenging! I am trying to get in shape myself and lose weight and same as you - I am not a patient person, plus working out is hell on earth for me. I hope to achieve my goals as well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats ! :) That's amazing

    Would you like to follow each other? Please let me know on my blog ^^
    www.infashionchains.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...